Saturday, October 25, 2008

Recent Discovery

I'm not really sure if any one else is plagued by the problem of the smelly sponge. It's really a quite unfortunate reality - my entire house can be clean and YET that smell persists. I get a whiff of it every time I walk by the kitchen sink. So yesterday, after walking into the house and getting that smell, I decided to suspend my studies and research how to get rid of that invidious smell working through my week old sponge. According to my google findings, you can actually microwave your damp sponge for 30 seconds and - poof - the smell is gone. If you add a little lemon juice, all the better.

So, there you go. No theological implications to this one. But I'll keep thinking about it and get back to you. Maybe something about the sponge's renewal as a form of baptismal.... no. terrible idea. Alright, back to real life. This time without a smelly sponge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jsut use a brush... they never smell.

Katie said...

I just put it in the dishwasher and run it; it comes out clean.

jww said...

both great ideas. BUT what about the in-between dish washing loads and the stuck-on messes that require more than a brush? Gosh, I feel like a TV commercial.

Anonymous said...

I've actually heard that microwaving your sponge is one of the most dangerous things to do. It's highly flammable and can spontaneously combust, taking your microwave--and eventually house--with it.

-Devin

jww said...

haha. well, I did my research. Apparently, you're supposed to soak it in water first. That being said, I do have my hesitations about possible toxins released. I'm probably going to die soon.