Friday, May 23, 2008

Xenophobia

The last few days have been a bit crazy: learning how to withdraw money, attempting to get my phone working, learning which way to look when I cross the street, the norm. I'd love to give you a more in-depth entry, but I'm a bit pressed for time. So, for the moment, I need your prayers.

As many of you may already know, there has been an outbreak of xenophobia over the past few days. It began in Joburg where fifteen people were killed, one man burned to death, while the police watched. Today, a church full of refugees was attacked, several died. The violence now hangs in the air here, in cape town. Pray. Please. There will be a rally today at five. We need God to move, to change hearts, to bring a miracle of peace and reconciliation.

Also, I'll be preaching on Sunday at a church I've never attended. A bit strange, I know. Anyhow, pray that God will move through me and will give me the words which are not my own to speak.

I love you all. Hope to write soon.
- jess

No comments: