Saturday, May 10, 2008

in the beginning

I'd like to preface all of these entries with this disclaimer: I don't plan on writing anything profound. Any brilliance will be absolutely accidental and divinely provided. So here goes...

First off, thank you, all of you. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be boarding a plane for Johannesburg, South Africa in nine days. Wow. Nine days. It seems strange to imagine myself living in a different country in such a short period of time.

I know that God is going to move. And I continue to pray that God will prepare the work of my hands, because without God's movement, my work will be in vain. Please pray for God's divine preparation, both in my heart and in S. Africa.

I love you all and am more thankful for you than you know!

- jess

4 comments:

Keziah said...

Hi Jess! I love you too.

Cyndi said...

I'm so excited to hear how the Lord will provide for you. May you be a blessing to all who come in contact with you and may you be incredibly blessed by them as well. My heart and prayers are with you!

Karen said...

Jess-
My prayers are with you as you embark on this wonderful journey. I look forward to hearing about your time there. I am sure they will be blessed by all your gifts and loving spirit as you from them. Love you!

Keziah said...

On a serious note:

I read about fighting in South Africa. But the article didn't say where. Is it close to you? I am praying for the country.

On a silly note:

Erwin... oh sad little dried up Erwin. I got your letter and quess what!!! Someone stole him out of the envelope. He was kiddnapped! (your note was still in the envelope) Laura L. suggested that we treat this situation like you are a little kid who owned a hamster who died, and we should just replace it with something that looks the same to shelter you from the ugly reality that your little pet is gone. We will figure something out.

I love you so much. I am praying for you daily,
Mary

p.s. Jerry says hi